Followers

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Calling all Sistahs - August Blog Hop

Hello everyone, You must have come here from Diane's blog.
 It is the 17th of the month, and I am once again part of the blog hop for the Breast cancer awareness, and reminder hop.

 You can read all about it herehttp://cas-ualfridaysstamps.blogspot.com/p/calling-all-sistahs.html.
Each blog stop on the hop will feature something from 
the special collection Michele created shortly after she was diagnosed last year.
50% of the profits from this collection are donated to
breast cancer awareness programs at

 There will be a $15 Gift Certificate given to 3 people that comment along the hop.
Comments close on July 19th @ 12am EST.
As I told you last time, every hop I will share about one person I have come across, who is dealing/dealt with cancer.
Well, the second person, I came to know about was my sister-in-law's mother. This was back in 2005, she was in here early 50's, and she went through chemo therapy. I think it took about 2 years to beat it, but she did it, with the help of her family. She is healthy and doing great, and enjoying her time with her grand-kids.

For my card, I again chose the Hope ribbon stamp. I started with drawing some streaks using a zig marker on a water color paper, and used the water brush to blend and create the background. Then I used Pickled raspberry DI to stamp the ribbon. I decided to do some sewing, so added stitches using a shaded pink thread. Rounded the corners of the panel, and framed it with a black card stock, and used foam adhesive to add to the base, the reminder sentiment is from Kaisercraft. I also added a vellum border, sent to me by a bloggy friend - Cara :) .

A close up at the stitching.

Here is the hop list:

Casual Fridays Stamps
Kara Stainbrook
Susan White
Nora Noll
Vicki Dutcher
Lori Kobular
Lydia Evans
Shona Chambers
Lisa Harrolle
Kimberly Rendino
Lisa Lahiff
Penny Ward
Jennifer Ingle
Joanna Harty
Claire Apostoloff
Diane Jaquay
Rahmat Gouse  <<< you are here
Jeanne Jachna
Gwendolyn Estrada
Archana Bhurke
Sue Nagata
Bonnie Sharp
Heather North


Your next hop stop is Jeanne Jachna.
                              Thank you for stopping by, and leaving your kind comments.


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pink watercoloring and oh wow! That beautiful stitching.. thanks for the close up - I might have missed it. Glad I didnt! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the black paper behind the hope ribbon makes it stand out! Love the stitching too, it really adds to that beautiful hope ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Great reminder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you added stitching to a simple pink ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the elements on your card and the black outline really brings the image forward!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cara is going to love it as much as I do, Rahmat! I'm going to try out your technique of using brush strokes with my Zigs and aquapainter. Thanks for the tip and thank you so much for joining our hop and sharing your personal stories of how breast cancer has touched your loved ones. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I like the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ribbon and the stamp look so much alike.
    Beautiful card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete